In this media-infused world we live in, finding information you can trust is becoming more and more difficult. With the death of newspapers and the corporatization of public media, the breadth of information available is shrinking as 1000 journalists lose their jobs every month. When it seems like every news channel is covering the same 5 stories, its because they are and all they add is their own opinions and the political views of their supporters. In order to get a broader sense of what's going on in the world I try and cover all my bases, reading print news and magazines, listening to podcasts, public, and pirate radio, and watching local, national, and global news programs. By varying the perspective I get and checking my sources of information against one another, I hope to get the broadest sense of what is happening in the world and piece together my own opinions rather than relying on that of someone else.

No comments:
Post a Comment