So I completely agree with what a lot of people are saying about distractions and our own weaknesses, because everything about the way I work (or don't) has to do with my own willpower and focus which cannot exist if I'm choosing to be distracted. However I do believe that it's a choice we consciously make and blaming the technology is not the answer. It's as stupid as a fat person saying cake made them fat or the Christians who think the devil made them so it. In the end its their own lack of willpower and refusal to acknowledge their own weaknesses. After watching the entire video progression and reading a few of the comments I was convinced that it was just another paranoid judgement from an aging and bitter generation especially after the 'dumbest generation' section. Although they claimed to show both sides of the story the overall tone was one of negative anxiety about the future, a feeling I refuse to share. Despite our youth and seeming mindlessness the digital nation embraced by my generation has created new ways for us to communicate, explore, and experience the world around us and it has changed us. We are closer than ever and we are more isolated, information is instantaneous but wisdom is still always out of reach, etc.
The whole point is that nothing has really changed at all, we are still human with the same faults, pride, and paranoia, no matter how many digital friends we have or how little vitamin D we receive. The balance of the universe has not been interrupted and the latest trend will never completely ruin the children, no matter how much old people worry.
This picture cracked me up....
but I'm pretty sure my own mother would be offended by it
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment